Connect With Me

  •  Lampasas, TX 
  • Salt Lake City (2 times) 
  • Memphis & Nashville , TN  
  • Hugo, OK, Winfield & Topeka, KS

Eagle EagletsThe trip to Lampasas, TX this year brought a rare treat. Not far from there some bald eagles built a nest within seeing distance of the road. There were two eaglets. They grew up being watched by many. My in-laws spent days there watching them grow. They have just recently fledged.

The end of March first of April found me researching in Salt Lake City at the Family History Library once again, where Miracle Tuesday happened twice. The first one I found proof on my Smith line, yes, a Smith surname, to go back another generation. On the second one I found some things for a client and good stuff on some of Mitch's German (Kramer) ancestors. I did come home hardly walking, it was a ruptured disc in my back, so surgery was done in May and I was off again, albeit, slowly.

The National Genealogical Society Conference was in June and took me to Nashville, TN. I made a stop in Memphis where I met one of Mitch's Kramer cousins. We had a wonderful visit and I got some new pictures scanned and obtained a little more information. While there I visited the Hermitage, Belle Meade Plantation, and the Tennessee State Library and Archives. I had a miracle Monday when I found a long sought document to prove a generation of Mitch's Mitchell family.

I came home for a week and was off to Topeka, KS for a Wilson family reunion. I did detour to Hugo, OK for some client work and Winfield, KS for a cousin. While in Topeka I visited and did research at the Kansas Historical Society. I found obituaries and other tidbits in every location!
July brought our annual cousin reunion in Mounds, OK. It wasn't quite as hot as it had be in the past, so it was nice.

The first of August Mitch and I made a sad sojourn to Monroe, LA. His Uncle Gerald died 30 July and we went to pay our last respects to a wonderfully positive man that had survived prison camps in World War II. We miss him greatly.

October I was back in Salt Lake City and knew that the next planned trip there was going to have to be sooner than I expected. The list kept growing of things to look for and at! I made headway for several clients and found that I should have been looking for Mathews as well as Mathis for my Mathis's.

We spent Christmas in Lampasas, TX with Mitch's parents and Aunt Jene.