Click on pictures to see larger image
This was a very busy and hectic year. I was on the road at least one week out of every month. I met a lot of people and found a lot of information on many of the surnames I was working on.
- Ottawa and Topeka, KS
- Portland, Hood River, Hermiston, Pendleton, OR, Walla Walla, WA
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Laurel, Jackson, New Hebron, Touchstone, Moselle, MS
- Winnfield, Lafayette, New Iberia, Eunice, LA
- Belleville, KS, Ord, NE, Atwood, Concordia, KS
- Shreveport, Monroe, Fordoche, New Roads, LA, Pensacola, FL, Jonesboro, Harrisonburg, Houma, Columbia, Pollack, Sikes, LA
- Ottawa, Parsons, Burlington, KS Yukon, Guthrie, OK, Topeka, KS, Falls City, NE
- Natchitoches, Hammond, Bossier City, LA
- Licking, Edgar Springs, MO, Eureka Springs, Huntsville, Van Buren, AR
- Tucson, AZ
- Lampasas, TX
Ottawa, KS, Topeka, KS
Contrary to popular belief, Kansas is not flat! Much of it has gentle rolling hills. This was my first trip searching for my Massey ancestors in Kansas. We didn't have much luck that first trip in Ottawa. We meet with some Massey cousins in Topeka, shared stories, visited, and I scanned their photos. We also spent a short time at the Kansas archives.
Mitch and I flew to Portland for a river boat cruise down the Columbia River. We came early and visited some of my Tatyrek cousins in Hood River. We went on to visit with some of my Wilson/Peveler cousins in Hermiston Pendleton, OR, Walla Walla, WA
I attended the Dallas Genealogical Society Military Institute in July. I learned about the different types of records that were created by the different services, where they were housed, and why I wanted to look at them.
The Tatyrek reunion was at the end of the month in Oklahoma City.
New Iberia, LA a beloved great aunt was laid to rest. It was a bittersweet trip my husband and I made.
Kitt Peak, AZ, Skywatcher's Inn and Observatory, Klabzuba cousins visit, sharing of photos, and information.